Getting a LIM

Whenever you purchase a property we recommend that you get a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Report first.

A completed LIM report will include information found in Council's records on that parcel of property relating to the following matters:

  • Known hazards such as flooding or known fill

  • Information on stormwater and sewer services to or within the property

  • Information on the availability of water services

  • A summary of the rates account

  • Government valuation

  • Building/Resource Consents and related information

  • Other Consents, Licences and Certificates

  • Requisitions, orders and notices

  • Swimming pool fencing compliance

  • District Plan information including zoning and designations

  • Information relating to known historic sites or buildings

  • Such other information that Council considers may be helpful

In accordance with the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act LIM applications received on or before Friday 8 December 2017 will be issued on or before Friday 22 December 2017, allowing 10 working days to process. While applications will be received whenever the Council is open it is possible that LIM applications received after Friday 8 December 2017 may not be issued before Christmas. LIM processing stops on Friday 22 December and resumes on Monday 15 January 2018. The Council will close at 3pm Friday 22 December 2017 and reopen on Wednesday 27 December 2017.

Apply Here

To request a LIM click here for a hardcopy Application Form or click here to apply online.

How much does it cost to get a LIM Report?

Click here to see what the current charges are