Driveways and Vehicle Entrances

Driveways are the responsibility of the property owner.The portion of the driveway that is located on Council owned road reserve, known as a vehicle crossing, has to be built to Council specifications which are detailed within the district plan.

Any new vehicle crossing will require an application to Council for a permit to construct a vehicle crossing.All work must be undertaken by a Council-approved contractor, who will also submit an appropriate Traffic Management Plan.

If you would like to upgrade your vehicle entrance or undertake repairs please contact Customer Services on 0800 111 323 to request a Vehicle Crossing Application.