Proposed 2015-2025 Long Term Plan
CONSULTATION ON THE COUNCIL'S LONG TERM PLAN PROPOSAL HAS NOW CLOSED
All councils are required by law to set a 10-year Long Term Plan and review it every three years, in consultation with the public. This year, the Long Term Plan (or “LTP”) process is a little bit different to previous years. Instead of consulting on a draft LTP, we have prepared a Consultation Document.
The Consultation Document is basically a summary of the Council’s Proposed Long Term Plan and outlines the key issues, projects and services the Council intends on carrying out over the next ten years – along with the impact on rates.
It’s important because it provides an opportunity for our residents to have a say on the services Council provides and the rates we pay.
CONSULTATION ON THE COUNCILS LONG TERM PLAN PROPOSAL HAS NOW CLOSED
If you would like a hard copy of the Consultation Document, you can pick one up from the Hawera Administration Building, your local LibraryPlus centre or you can call Council on 0800 111 323 to have one delivered.
The Consultation Document is being delivered to all South Taranaki homes in early April.
Read the full Proposed 2015-2025 Long Term Plan Document
Or you can download the relevant sections;
- Contents Page
- Financial Strategy
- Infrastructure Strategy
- Activities and Services
- Financial Information
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Capital Expenditure
- Enhancing Maori Capacity to contribute to Council Decision-making Policy
- Revenue and Financing Policy
- Significance and Engagement Policy
- Financial Contribution Policy
- Investment Policy
- Liability Management Policy
- Treasury Management Policy
- Rates Remission Policy
- Rates Remission and Postponement on Maori Freehold Land Policy
Opunake - Wednesday 8 April, 5.30pm, Sandford Events Centre
Hawera - Tuesday 14 April, 5.30pm, Dimocks Building, Regent Street
Patea – Wednesday 15 April, 5.30pm, Old Folks Hall, Egmont Street
Eltham – Thursday 16 April, 5.30pm, Eltham Town Hall
MORNING COFFEE MEETINGS
Manaia – Friday 17 April, 10am, Manaia LibraryPlus, South Road
Kaponga – Tuesday 21 April, 10am, Kaponga LibraryPlus, Victoria Street
Waverley – Friday 24 April, 10am, Waverlery LibraryPlus, Weraroa Road
Have your Say
The Council’s proposed 2015-2025 Long Term Plan is available for comment from 30 March until 6 May 2015. This is your chance to give your feedback about the proposed Plan, so please take the time to get involved and have your say.
Comments and suggestions can be sent to the Council by:
- Completing the online submission form
- Sending an email
- Completing the hard copy feedback form attached to the Consultation Document and posting it to us at Private Bag 902, Hawera. Or dropping it into any LibraryPlus or the Hawera Administration Building
- Faxing us on (06) 278 8757
- Phoning us on 278 0555 or toll free 0800 111 323 and we can fill out a submission form for you over the telephone
What happens next?
The Council meets on Wednesday 20 May 2015 to hear those people who wish to speak to their submissions. If you would like to do this, please indicate on your Feedback Form. You will be contacted to arrange a time. Once the Council has considered all feedback it will adopt the final 2015-2025 Long Term Plan by 30 June 2015. A summary of the Council’s decisions will be published in the Council’s newsletter, SouthLink, in a July 2015 issue of the Taranaki Star