Enrol to Vote

Enrol to Vote

To vote in a local body election you need to be registered on the electoral role. You are eligible to enrol if you:

Are 18-years of age or older.

Are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.

Have lived in New Zealand, continuously, at any time for one year or more.

Have lived at your current address for more than one month.

Are a non resident ratepayer who has applied for enrolment on the ratepayer roll.

Are resident outside of the South Taranaki District and have been nominated by a firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property in the South Taranaki District.

To get an enrolment form click here OR

Call 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)

Visit any Post Shop

Visit www.elections.org.nz

Ratepayer roll

If you are on the electoral roll in one area and pay rates on a property in another, you may be eligible to apply for enrolment on the non-resident ratepayer roll (for the area in which you pay rates but don't reside).

Companies, organisations or societies paying rates on a property may nominate one of its members or officers as a ratepayer elector (provided that both the person nominating and the nominee live outside the area).

Ratepayer roll enrolment forms are available at Council offices and libraries. To change your details on the ratepayer roll, contact the Electoral Officer or call 0800 922 822.