How to Vote
Local body elections are conducted by postal vote. Votes must be received by noon Saturday 8 October 2013.
Voting packs will be posted to everyone in the South Taranaki District on the electoral roll between Friday 16 September and Wednesday 21 September. If, after Wednesday 21 September, you have not received your voting pack contact the Electoral Officer (phone 0800 922 822) and special voting papers will be sent to you.
Your voting pack contains a voting paper, a candidate profile booklet and a reply paid envelope to return your voting paper.
Candidates standing for South Taranaki District Council will be listed in pseudo random order (names are drawn out of a hat) on the voting paper.
The candidate profile booklet contains information provided by each candidate about themselves, their affiliations, contact details and their policies and intentions if elected to office. Photos may be included. You will also be able to view candidate profiles online at the end of August.
Special votes are available to electors:
- Whose names do not appear on the final electoral roll, but who qualify as electors.
- Who did not receive a voting document previously posted to them.
- Who spoiled or damaged a voting document previously posted to them.
- Whose names appear on the unpublished roll.
Special votes require the completion of a statutory declaration.
Return of Voting Documents
For South Taranaki District Council, Taranaki Regional Council and Taranaki District Health Board
Voting documents must be returned no later than noon on Saturday 8 October 2016.
You can post your voting document but make sure you have them in the mail by Wednesday 5 October to make sure they get back to us in time (by noon Saturday 8 October).
However, you can also deliver your voting document to one of our voting boxes up to noon on Saturday 8 October. Voting boxes (during normal office hours, Monday to Friday) are located at:
- Stratford District Council Administration Building, Miranda Street, Stratford.
- New Plymouth District Council, Civic Centre, Liardet Street, New Plymouth
- South Taranaki District Council Administration Building, Albion Street, Hawera.
Special voting may be exercised at the locations and times listed above.