Creative Communities Scheme
Next Funding Round
The next Creative Communities funding round opens on Thursday 30 July and closes Tuesday 10 September for projects that do not start before Monday 1 October.
The South Taranaki Creative Communities Scheme provides funding assistance for community-based arts activities in South Taranaki that meet one or more of the following funding criteria:
Broad community involvement - A project that will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities.
Diversity - A project that will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
Young people - A project that will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
Click here to find out more on whether your project is able to be funded through the Creative Communities Scheme and how to make an application.
Results from last funding round
The second round of the Creative Communities Scheme for 2018/19 closed in March and 20 applications were considered by the Allocation Committee on 15 April. A total of $17,017.38 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- Cath Sheard - $889 for her Gelli Printing Workshops to be held in South Taranaki
- Mokoia Primary School - $630 for their Small Schools Art Day project involving 6 schools on 15 May
- Stratford Camera Club - $765 for their Photographic exhibition and workshops
- Creative Fibre Stratford / Eltham - $320 for their Fibre Fantastic Exhibition
- The Friends of Hawera Parks - $1,065 towards the horticultural display in King Edward Park as part of the PowerCo Garden Festival
- Taranaki Arts Trail Inc. - $1,015 towards the Taranaki Arts Trail 2019
- Eltham Youth Health & Development Trust - $945.91 towards their Portal view Rotokare Sanctuary Mural created by E-Town Youth
- Hawera Art School and Creative Space - $1,0345.55 towards their 3D Sculpture and Ceramic Workshop
- Project Reef Life – South Taranaki Underwater Club - $2,765.00 towards the Patea Pou – Public Art Installation
- Marianne Muggeridge - $1,185 towards life drawing tuition and sessions
- Dora Baker - $217.92 towards establishing a Patea Community Art Group
- Toi O Taranaki Ki Te Tonga - $3,265.00 towards increasing access to Toi Maori within South Taranaki
- Hawera High School Art Dept. - $420 towards the Hawera High School Senior Art Exhibition to showcase student portfolio work
- Paepae In the Park Committee - $2,000 towards the Paepae In the Park Music Festival
- Inquisitive Minds School Holiday Programme - $500 towards a School Holiday Programme in Waverley
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 111 323 or 278 0555.