Creative Communities Scheme
Next Funding Round
The next Creative Communities funding round opens on Tuesday 12 February and closes Thursday 28 March for projects that do not start before Wednesday 24 April.
The South Taranaki Creative Communities Scheme provides funding assistance for community-based arts activities in South Taranaki that meet one or more of the following funding criteria:
Broad community involvement - A project that will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities.
Diversity - A project that will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
Young people - A project that will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
Click here to find out more on whether your project is able to be funded through the Creative Communities Scheme and how to make an application.
Results from last funding round
The first round of the Creative Communities Scheme for 2018/19 closed in September and eight applications were considered by the Assessment Committee on 4 October. A total of $9,129.76 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- Egmont A&P Association - $2,680.00 for their Mural Madness project for students as part of the Egmont Show of 2018
- Pihama Lavender - $700 for their project involving an afternoon listening to music, BYO picnic as part of South Taranaki Arts Fest
- Taranaki National Art Awards - $630 towards Floral Art at the Taranaki National Art Awards
- Hawera Camera Club - $512 towards the hosting of the 2019 Taranaki Interclub competition
- Egmont Community Arts Council Inc. - $1,067.76 towards their project, Flower Power; installation of record flowers in Opunake
- Simon ‘Wes’ Wesley James - $2,900 towards recording and promoting original music for youth within South Taranaki
- Maree Liddington - $640 towards Celebrating Dairy – an exhibition of art celebrating our Dairy Industry
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 111 323 or 278 0555.