Creative Communities Scheme
Next Funding Round
The next Creative Communities funding round opens on Monday 9 August and closes Friday 14 September for projects that do not start before Friday 5 October.
The South Taranaki Creative Communities Scheme provides funding assistance for community-based arts activities in South Taranaki that meet one or more of the following funding criteria:
Broad community involvement - A project that will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities.
Diversity - A project that will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
Young people - A project that will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
Click here to find out more on whether your project is able to be funded through the Creative Communities Scheme and how to make an application.
Results from last funding round
The second round of the Creative Communities Scheme for 2017/18 closed on March and five applications were considered by the Assessment Committee on 19 April. A total of $10,669.84 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- Little Dog Barking Children’s Theatre – $3,048.34 to hold eight performances in South Taranaki Schools, Playcentres and Kindergartens.
- Opunake Lakeside Lions - $1,144.00 to yarn bomb the area surrounding Sandfords Events Centre and the CBD of Opunake
- Ohawe Creative Community - $1,163.50 to run four workshops leading up to the South Taranaki Art Festival, and then exhibit during the festival period
- South Taranaki Underwater Club - $4,284.00 to create a mural depicting the reef that is 11km off Patea, at a depth of 23m and is home to over 100 species
- Eltham Youth Health & Development Trust - $1,030.00 to run a Sunset and Silhouette Workshop for Youth from 2 July to 24 August
For further information, contact Kirsty Jamieson – Creative Communities Administrator on email@example.com or phone 0800 111 323 or 2780555.