Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund
There are two Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund funding rounds in 2019. The next funding round opens Tuesday 1 October and closes Friday 8 November.
Last Round Results – March 2019
Seven applications were received for the last Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund funding round and considered by the Committee on 18 March. A total of $3,550 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- Opunake High School - $1,000 towards their winter sports teams participating in Taranaki-wide competitions during terms 1-3.
- South Taranaki Primary School Hockey Association - $810 towards subsidising travel for team members to travel to Stratford for matches.
- Coastal Cobra’s Rugby League Club Inc. – $360 towards covering travel expenses for coaches and managers to travel to away games.
- Eltham Junior Rugby League Club - $360 towards supporting whanau who are transporting the team beyond Stratford, Hawera or Kaponga.
- Hawera High School - $1,020 towards their sports teams traveling around Taranaki for competitions, including all netball teams that now need to travel to Stratford each week.