Vacancy - Taranaki Rural Fire Authority
Thursday, March 07, 2013
The Taranaki Rural Fire Authority Board seeks an Independent Director
The Taranaki Rural Fire Authority Board will become a legal entity as from 1 July 2013 following the merger of the four existing rural fire authorities to form one enlarged rural fire district for Taranaki. The new authority will be governed by a Board with seven members, one of whom will be an independent member appointed by the Board itself.
Applications are now being sought for the independent director’s position from people who believe they can add real value to the new Board. You will need the following competencies, attributes and experience.
- Experience in governance roles, ideally as a director or independent director
- Experience in or knowledge of the forest and rural fire sector is desirable
- A high level of objectivity and independent judgment
- A high level of integrity and impartiality
- Ability to think and act strategically, seeing the big picture
- A broad business experience and strong financial management skills
- An ability to work in partnership and build relationships
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively
The Board’s administration base is in Hawera.
If you are interested, energetic, able to commit the time required as a Director, then click here for a brief outline of the background and structure of the proposed new entity and here for an application form.
Please submit your application form, CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 22 March 2013.