Proposed District Plan Public Notice
PROPOSED SOUTH TARANAKI DISTRICT PLAN PUBLIC NOTICE OF SUMMARY OF DECISIONS REQUESTED AND NOTIFICATION OF FURTHER SUBMISSION PERIOD
CLAUSE 7 OF SCHEDULE 1, RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ACT 1991
On 15 August 2015 the Council publicly notified the Proposed South Taranaki District Plan 2015 to replace the Operative South Taranaki District Plan 2004. 99 submissions were received by the closing date of 12 October. Two late submissions were received. A summary of the decisions requested by submitters and copies of all submissions is available on the Council's website (www.southtaranaki.com) and the following locations:
- South Taranaki District Council Administration Building, 105-111 Albion Street, Hawera
- Hawera LibraryPlus, 46 High Street, Hawera
- Eltham LibraryPlus, High Street, Eltham
- Kaponga LibraryPlus, 42 Victoria Street, Kaponga
- Manaia LibraryPlus, 22 South Street, Manaia
- Opunake LibraryPlus, 43 Tasman Street, Opunake
- Patea LibraryPlus, Egmont Street, Patea
- Waverley LibraryPlus, 58 Weraroa Road, Waverley
The following persons may make a further submission on the decisions requested:
- Any person that has an interest in the Proposed District Plan that is greater than the interest of the general public has; or
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; or
- South Taranaki District Council
Any further submission must be limited to support or opposition to a matter raised in the original submissions. Further submissions must be made in writing (hard copy or electronic) and delivered to the Council by:
- Email email@example.com
- Post South Taranaki District Council, Private Bag 902, Hawera 4640
- Dropping it into the South Taranaki District Council Administration Building at 105-111 Albion Street, Hawera
the further submission must be on, or follow, Form 6 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees and Procedure) Regulations 2003, and must state whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission. Copies of Form 6 are available by phoning Council on 0800 111 323, or can be found on our website at www.southtaranaki.com
Further submissions close 4.00pm on Friday 29 January 2016
Within five working days of making your further submission to the Council, you must provide a copy of your submission to the person(s) who made the original submission(s) to which your further submission relates.
The process for public participation from this point is:
- if a person making a submission or further submission asks to be heard in support of their submission, a hearing will be held.
- The Council must give public notice of its decision and a copy to every person who made a submission on the Proposed District Plan including reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions, and
- Every person who made a submission has the right of appeal to the Environment Court on the matter in the person's submission.
If you have any questions about the submissions, making a further submission, or the Proposed South Taranaki District Plan 2015 generally, call the Planning team on 0800 111 323.
Chief Executive Officer
11 January 2016