Waverley Wind Farm Resource Consent
South Taranaki District Council has received an application from Trustpower Limited for a resource consent. The application is a land use consent application for a discretionary activity to authorise the construction, operation and maintenance of a 48 turbine windfarm between Waverley and Patea. This application also includes a 110kV transmission line between the site and a substation located on Mangatangi Road, Waverley.
The project site occupies land held by four separate landowners, as well as
a legal road. It is located off Peat Road, Waverley and adjacent to the
coastline of the Tasman Sea. It also borders the Whenuakura River to the
northwest and lies approximately 6km southeast of Patea and 7km southwest of
The transmission line is to be constructed within a 30m wide corridor where it
is located on private land. The transmission line will also transverse road and
rail reserve. The route for the transmission line is approximately 13km long
and would connect to an electricity substation owned by Transpower on
Mangatangi Road, Waverley.
The site is in the Rural Zone, but is subject to a Coastal Protection Area overlay.
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects.
The application may be inspected at the South Taranaki District Council Office, Albion Street, Hawera, at the LibraryPlus Centres at Egmont Street, Patea and Weraroa Road, Waverley or on the links below.
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a
trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly
affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that -
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission to the South Taranaki District Council, Private Bag 902, Hawera 4640 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission must be in Form 13. Copies of this form are available from the South Taranaki District Council or by clicking here. Submissions close on Thursday 16 June 2016.
You must serve a copy of your submission on Trustpower Limited (the applicant), whose address for service is Private Bag 12023, Tauranga 3143, Attention: Chris, as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on the South Taranaki District Council.
- Appendix A - Photosimulations
- View Point 1 from Waverley looking south west
- View Point 2 from Waverley Beach lookout, looking west
- View Point 3 from Waipipi Beach subdivision looking west
- View Point 4 from junction of Peat Road and Stewart Road, looking south
- View Point 5 from State Highway 3 opposite Waverley racecourse, looking south west
- View Point 6 from State Highway 3 (opposite #897), looking south west
- View Point 7 from State Highway 3 (opposite #857), looking south
- View Point 8 from State Highway 3 at intersection with O'Reilly Road, looking south east
- View Point 9 from Patea main street (Egmont Street), looking south east
- View Point 10 from Patea Beach lookout, looking south east
- View Point 11 from Whenuakura River mouth, looking east
- View Point 12 from Pids Point, looking north
Appendix Two - Certificated of Title (Wind Farm)
Appendix Three - Certificates of Title (Transmission Line route)
Appendix Fourteen - Proposed Resource Consent Conditions
- Air Discharge Conditions
- Culvert Land Use Conditions
- Dam and Divert Permit
- Discharge Permit (Water, Stormwater and Sediment)
- Groundwater Permit (Abstraction)
- Pond Works Land Use Conditions
- Surface Water Permit (Abstraction)
- Transmission Land Use Conditions
- Water Permit (Ground - Turbine Construction)
- Wind Farm Land Use Conditions
Appendix Sixteen - Taranaki Regional Council Resource Consents
- Form 112 - Discharge permit to discharge sediment laden water to land and water
- Form 120 - Discharge permit to discharge to contaminants to air namely dust
- Form 201 - Land use consent for construction of culverts
- Form 210 - Land use consent for stream alignment associated with culvert constructions
- Form 221 - Land use consent for construction of bores
- Form 300 - Water permit to take and use surface water general (pond de-watering)
- Form 310 - Water permitted to take and use groundwater
- Form 320 - damming
- Form 500 - General
Appendix Twenty One - Written Approvals
- David Alexander Trust - written approval
- Lakeside Trust - written approval
- PKW - written approval
- Standalone Farms - written approval