Free computers and wifi
South Taranaki District Libraries provides free computing and Internet access via the Aotearoa People’s Network Kaharoa (APNK).
A range of Chrome Stations and Chrome Books are available in each library:
- Eltham - 2 Chrome Stations and 1 Chrome Book
- Hawera - 4 Chrome Stations and 13 Chrome books
- Kaponga - 1 Chrome Station
- Opunake- 1 Chrome Station and 2 Chrome books
- Manaia – 1 Chrome Station and 1 Chrome book
- Patea – 3 Chrome Stations and 2 Chrome books
- Waverley - 1 Chrome Station and 1 Chrome book
Please note: Google drive is used for document storage, word processing, spreadsheets etc. APNK devices no longer have Microsoft Office or Open Office. If you have a Gmail email account you are able to access all Google services including Google drive.
Use of the computers is via a numbered pass which is printed out by LibraryPlus staff. Always feel free to ask for more details or help from any LibraryPlus staff member.
Printing: APNK devices will now alert you to the number of pages printed and the cost for printing. After paying for your printing at the counter LibraryPlus staff will release your documents for printing.
Current printing charges:
- Black and white - 0.50 per side.
- Colour - $1.00 per side.
Wifi: Available at all LibraryPlus 24/7
When you are using library computers you should not:
- attempt to violate our computer system security
- do anything illegal, infringe copyright or view offensive material.
- disturb other people’s use of the library
Aotearoa Peoples Network Kaharoa reserves the right to prevent access to objectionable material.