The Amazing Read
Encouraging a love of books and reading is one of the most important things you can do to help develop your child’s literacy skills. You can help with this by enrolling your child in the South Taranaki District LibraryPlus Summer Reading Programme.
participants must be aged 4-12 years old – they do not need to be
reading by themselves to participate in the programme.
Children enrolled in the six week summer reading programme:
- receive a colourful folder to record the library books they have read
- come into a LibraryPlus centre to share their library books with a staff member (report in)
- receive a small gift at each report in, and a certificate and a medal at the completion of the programme
- may attend activities and storytellers throughout the programme
- complete the programme by reporting in 3+ times
- can attend a finale celebration where they will receive a certificate and medal
- this year 4 year olds are able to participate in the programme. (limited numbers)
All of this is offered free of charge.
Check out our The Amazing Read website where you can learn more about the programme and even report in online!