South & Central Taranaki Employment and Careers Event
Destined to become a MUST ATTEND event connecting employers with the workforce!
Actively attracting people to our local employment opportunities is essential for smart workforce planning. Nationally and globally there is competition for skilled workers. We can stay ahead of the game by being proactive.
The aim of CONNECT15 is to:
- Connect employers with potential employees.
- Promote employment and training opportunities.
- Identify industry requirements – what is work ready? What are the unique requirements for each of our industries?
- Inform those choosing study at all levels so they can align with the local job market.
- Provide up to date information on skills shortages and how to retain an able workforce.
Friday 22 May WE ARE THE FUTURE
9am-3pm Schools’ Open Day in connection with Youth Week – also open to the public
3:30pm – 5:30pm Exclusive Exhibitors Networking Event with guest speakers
Saturday 23 May TODAY’S WORKFORCE
10am-3pm Public Open Day – Transport Available
An opportunity or Employers and Training Providers to showcase their organisation, job opportunities, courses and services.
The Event Organising Team
Led by the South Taranaki District Council Mayor’s Taskforce for Jobs in partnership with the Stratford District Council and with the support of AgriPeople, Feats, Parininihi ki Waitotara,
Taranaki Futures, Taratahi and Ki Uta Whanau Careers. If you would like to be involved please get in touch.
Employers and Training Providers what else would you want from this event?
For more information contact one the team below:
Marcia Haigh South Taranaki District Council 0800 111 323
Sarah Hamilton Stratford District Council 06 765 6099
Grant Kobus Taratahi Agricultural Training 06 765 4490
Leanne Richards AgriPeople 021 270 1155
Phil Nixon South Taranaki Councillor 027 494 8972