Creative Communities Scheme
Thursday, October 04, 2012
The Creative Communities Scheme, administered by the Council on behalf of Creative New Zealand, has approximately $23,450 available annually through two funding rounds.
The first round for 2012-13 closed 31 August and 17 applications were considered by the Creative Communities Committee on 20 September. A total of $11,566.10 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- Paepae in the Park received $1,000 for its 2013 festival;
- Hawera Repertory Society received $1,000 for its Little Shop of Horrors production;
- STAGE was granted $250 to hold a junior art exhibition;
- the Hawera Performing Arts Society received $1,000 towards its 90th year competitions;
- the South Taranaki Indian Community was allocated $300 to hold Narvratri Garbas and Dilvali celebrations;
- the South Taranaki Stitchcraft Guild received $220 towards its Capturing the Light exhibition;
- Waverley Primary School was granted $500 to hold its school production Hansel and Gretel;
- the Modern Jivers were allocated $828 for up-skill training practices and $1,000 to hold an All Day Partner Dance Workshop;
- Koromiko Kindergarten received $133.43 towards creating a community mosaic;
- the Egmont Community Arts Council received $1,834.67 to hold a graffiti art workshop and $2,500 to host a Dame Malvina Major concert;
- the Patea Youth Trust was granted $1,000 to hold dancing and singing training for a community variety show.