South Taranaki is Orange under the new Traffic Light system.
- The Government announced that Taranaki is moving to Orange under the new Traffic Light system, which comes into effect at 11.59 Thursday 2 December, 2021.
- Under the new traffic light system, all Council Facilities (including the Administration Building, LibraryPlus centres, Hāwera Aquatic Centre, Community Summer Pools, South Taranaki -i-SITE Visitor Centre, TSB Hub, Aotea Utanganui - Museum of South Taranaki) will remain open to all visitors with the usual physical distancing, capacity limits, mask wearing and contact tracing procedures in place.
- Our Community Summer Pool season is still going ahead, just a little delayed. Read more about it here.
- Like everyone, we’re going to be adjusting to the new system.
- Thanks for being patient and respecting our staff who are doing their best to keep us all safe.
- If you feel unwell, get tested and isolate, as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
For COVID-19 advice:
- For more information regarding the Traffic Light Framework, click here.
- For more Taranaki testing sites and vaccination clinics, click here.
- Check the COVID-19 website for the most up to date COVID information.
- Phone the Healthline COVID-19 health advice line on 0800 358 5453.
Please make sure that you are getting your information from reputable sources. Check out the following:
- Taranaki Civil Defence Emergency Management website
- Taranaki Civil Defence Emergency Management Facebook page
- Taranaki District Health Board website
South Taranaki District information