Council Services at Level 2
Alert Level 2 (from 11:59 pm Tuesday 7 September)
At Level 2 Council will resume all services, including reopening our facilities when all safe public health measures for Alert Level 2 are in place - in particular face coverings, physical distancing and contact tracing measures.
- Most facilities will re-open on Wednesday 8 September with restrictions
- Some public programmes will remain on hold/closed
- Face coverings are mandatory at our public indoor venues
- We ask everyone to keep at least 2 metres apart from people not in their bubble
- We need to collect visitor details for contact tracing
- We continue to encourage contactless payments
- Please stay at home if they’re feeling unwell
- There will be limits on the number of visitors allowed in our facilities at any one time to meet physical distancing requirements
- Indoor gatherings, and hospitality and event venues have a limit of 50 people. Outdoor venues have a limit of 100 people
The late payment penalty for the first rates instalment (due Wednesday 25 August) was not applied while in Covid Alert Levels 3 and 4. If you haven’t been able to pay while in lockdown, you now have until 4:30 pm on Tuesday 14 September before the late payment penalty is applied. You can pay at our Hawera Administration Building on Albion Street or at any one of our seven LibraryPlus facilities across the district.
Council Services and Facilities
Hāwera Administration Building - open
- Public access is via Princes Street entrance
Library Plus Centres – open, normal hours
- All LibraryPlus centres will open normal hours except for Kaponga LibraryPlus which will open on Friday 10 September (due to a planned power outage on Thursday).
- The Click and Collect Service will restart when and continue for the foreseeable future
Hāwera Aquatic Centre - open for lane swimming only.
- Wednesday 8 September Open 10am – 6pm
- Thursday 9 September, normal hours 6am – 7pm weekdays
- Lane swimming only – bookings preferred. Contact the Aquatic Centre (06 278 0021).
- No hydro-slide or recreational swimming.
- Toddler and learner’s pool closed.
- Weekend hours 9am – 4pm.
- Aquarobics and Learn to Swim Programmes will resume when Alert Level guidelines enable closer distancing between people.
TSB Hub – open
- Limited programmes operating (for more information contact TSB Hub on 06 278 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the TSB Hub facebook page)
Parks and Playgrounds - open
- Don’t forget to wash and dry hands or use hand sanitiser before and after using playground equipment
Lake Rotokare Reserve - open
Public Halls – open
- Subject to restrictions on numbers and/or types of event
i-SITE Visitor Information Centre – open
- This includes AA Services being available.
Aotea Utanganui – Museum of South Taranaki
- Open normal hours
- Open with maximum number of attendees and contact tracing protocols in place.
Kerbside Refuse/Recycling Collections
- All kerbside collections will continue normal collection day.
- Transfer stations will open as per their normal operating hours to accept the usual general waste, glass and mixed recycling and green waste and 24-hour recycling will resume.
- Transfer station opening hours and charges are available at www.southtaranaki.com