Pātea Cenntenial Bursary
The Centennial Bursary is available to eligible applicants for the first four years of their tertiary study. In applying to the Centennial Bursary, applicants must:
- Have normally been a resident of the Pātea Ward of the South Taranaki District for the previous two years;
- Be over the age of 15 years;
- Be available for full or part-time study;
- Present themselves for interview when required unless prevented by serious injury or illness;
Applicants who are in course-related or holiday employment located at a considerable distance from Pātea or Waverley may ask to be excused from the interview. Apologies need to be given at least seven days prior to the interviews being held. Successful applicants will be expected to provide a minimum of one progress report through the year.
The following documentation must accompany this application:
- A letter of application outlining future aims and education to be undertaken.
- Birth certificate (for first time applicants only).
- A one-page summary of achievements.
- Current character reference from a Justice of the Peace or other well-known person resident within the area.
- Full details of other bursaries or scholarships received or applied for.
- A bank verified deposit slip or bank statement with account number and name (for Bursary payment to successful applicants).
Please note the following dates:
- Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 November
- Interviews will take place in December 2021.
Please ensure to regularly check your email once you have applied. You will be notified of your interview time by email and/or phone. Interviews will be held at Hunter Shaw Building in Pātea.
South Taranaki District Council Community & Infrastructure Services Administrator. Call 0800 111 323 or (06) 278 0555, email funding@STDC.govt.nz.