Pātea Cenntenial Bursary
The Centennial Bursary is available to eligible applicants for the first four years of their tertiary study. In applying to the Centennial Bursary, applicants must:
- Have normally been a resident of the Pātea Ward of the South Taranaki District for the previous two years;
- Be over the age of 15 years;
- Be available for full or part-time study;
- Present themselves for interview when required unless prevented by serious injury or illness;
- For applicants who are applying for assistance in their second, third or fourth year of study and who are in course-related or holiday employment located at a considerable distance from Paāea or Waverley may ask to be excused from the interview (apologies need to be given a least seven days prior to the interviews being held); and
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide at least one progress report through the year.
The following documentation must accompany this application:
- A letter of application outlining future aims and education to be undertaken.
- Birth certificate (for first time applicants only).
- A one-page summary of achievements.
- Current character reference from a Justice of the Peace or other well-known person resident within the area.
- Full details of other bursaries or scholarships received or applied for.
- A bank verified deposit slip or bank statement with account number and name (for Bursary payment to successful applicants).
Please note the following dates:
- Applications closed on Monday 30 November 2020, 5pm
- Interviews will take place on Friday 11 December 2020. You will be notified of your interview time by email and/or text. Note - this date is tentative and will be confirmed.
Applications have closed for the 2020 year and will reopen again in November 2021.