Waverley Pool Mural Community Competition
We are holding a Mural Design Competition to select a design for the front of the Waverley Community Summer Pools.
Proposed by local Waverley artist, Jenni Corbett and supported by the Pātea Community Board, the mural design competition acknowledges the breadth of talent in the area, especially promising new artists. This competition gives the opportunity for the community to get creative while providing another point of interest in Waverley.
The Council encourages budding artists residing in the Waverley, Whenuakura and Waitōtara areas to enter, either as an individual or a group. The winner/s will also participate in the painting of the mural, supported by Jenni Corbett and South Taranaki Council Arts Coordinator, Michaela Stoneman.
The painting will take place later this year in time for the 2022/23 pool season.
- Entries are open to individuals or groups from Waverley, Waitōtara and Whenuakura
- There is no specific theme for the mural, but designs should reflect Waverley in some way - e.g environment, heritage, people, culture, vision for the future.
- Three designs will be chosen by a local panel, to be displayed at Waverley LibraryPlus in May 2022 for public vote.
- Mural painting will be organised by local artist Jenni Corbett, assisted by selected Artist/s or Group. Experience in mural painting is not necessary to submit a design.
- The selected design will be publicly announced on Friday 20 May 2022.
- The selected Artist/s or Group will receive $300.
- The selected design will be painted in Spring/Summer 2022, completed by the start of the STDC Rural Pool season in December 2022.