435 Manawapou Road Resource Consent
Public notice of application for resource consent
29 March 2021
South Taranaki District Council has received an application from Litt Family Trust for a resource consent.
The application is to subdivide the property at 435 Manawapou Road, Hāwera (Part Section 238 Patea District) and to permit an unconsented second dwelling. The proposal would not meet the required lot size and the District Plan allows (as of right) a maximum of one dwelling per rural property under 20ha. The application has been assessed and Council considers that the effects on rural character and amenity, productive rural land, precedent effects, and cumulative effects are more than minor and warrant public notification.
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects. The application may be inspected or purchased at https://www.southtaranaki.com/our-council/435-manawapou-road-resource-consent or the South Taranaki District Council Administration Building in Hāwera. If you have any questions about the application, please contact the Planning Unit, email@example.com or phone 0800 111 323.
Any person may make a submission on the application, but a person who is a trade competitor of the applicant may do so only if that person is directly affected by an effect of the activity to which the application relates that—
(a) adversely affects the environment; and
(b) does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission to South Taranaki District Council at Private Bag 902, Hawera or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission must be in form 13. Copies of this form are available from South Taranaki District Council Administration Building. Submissions close on Thursday 29 April 2021 at 5pm.
The submission needs to include the following information:
- Your name, postal address and telephone number
- Details of the application in respect of which you are making the submission
– the applicants name, location of the property and what the application is for
- Whether you support or oppose the application
- Your submission, with reasons
– what you think about the application and why
- The decision you wish the Council to make
– whether you want to the council to grant or decline the application and any conditions you would like to see imposed if consent is granted
- Whether you wish to be heard in support of your submission
– the application will be decided by the Council’s Environment and Hearings Committee – do you want to present your case at the hearing?
You must serve a copy of your submission on Litt Family Trust (the applicant), whose address for service is C/- Rowe Contracting Ltd, PO Box 353, Hāwera 4640 or email@example.com, as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on South Taranaki District Council.
Relevant District Plan information
i. Objectives and Policies – Section 2.1 (pages 1 to 6)
ii. Rural Zone
Note: the District Plan can be found in full here
Please contact the Planning Unit if you have further enquiries.