Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund Committee
This committee meets twice a year to deliberate on the Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund applications and allocate the funds.
- Bryan Roach
- Celine Filbee
- South Taranaki District Council Funding Advisor
There are two Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund funding rounds in 2021. The next funding round opens on 15 February and closes on 15 March 2021.
Last Round Results – July 2020
Nine applications were received for the last Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund funding round, however due to COVID-19 applicants were requested to re-submit their application to reflect their participation in winter sports post COVID-19, which lead to one application being withdrawn. Applications were considered by the Committee on Monday29 June and a total of $5,986.12 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- South Taranaki Primary Schools Hockey Association - $500 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki.
- Eltham Association Football Club Incorporated - $300 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki for grades 9/10 and 10/12.
- Pātea Area School – $1,200 towards travel costs for their Touch and Basketball games in Hāwera.
- Waverley Primary School - $1,000 towards road user charges and travel costs of the school van to and from games.
- Hawera Football Club - $850 towards travel costs to and from football games.
- Rawhitiroa School - $200 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki.
- Ōpunakē High School – 1,086.12 towards helping students attend games for Hockey, Rugby, Football, Basketball and Netball.
- Hāwera High School - $850 towards helping students attend games.