Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund Committee
This committee meets twice a year to deliberate on the Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund applications and allocate the funds.
- Bryan Roach
- Celine Filbee
- South Taranaki District Council Funding Advisor
There are two Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund funding rounds in 2020. The next funding round opens on 8 September and closes on 12 October 2020.
Last Round Results – July 2020
Nine applications were received for the last Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund funding round, however due to COVID-19 applicants were requested to re-submit their application to reflect their participation in winter sports post COVID-19, which lead to one application being withdrawn. Applications were considered by the Committee on Monday29 June and a total of $5,986.12 was distributed to the following successful applicants:
- South Taranaki Primary Schools Hockey Association - $500 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki.
- Eltham Association Football Club Incorporated - $300 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki for grades 9/10 and 10/12.
- Pātea Area School – $1,200 towards travel costs for their Touch and Basketball games in Hāwera.
- Waverley Primary School - $1,000 towards road user charges and travel costs of the school van to and from games.
- Hawera Football Club - $850 towards travel costs to and from football games.
- Rawhitiroa School - $200 towards travel costs for games outside South Taranaki.
- Ōpunakē High School – 1,086.12 towards helping students attend games for Hockey, Rugby, Football, Basketball and Netball.
- Hāwera High School - $850 towards helping students attend games.