Council Facilities Remain Open – Programmes Cancelled
Following the MoH’s advice and the government’s announcement, and based on the fact that there is currently no evidence of COVID-19 community transmission in Taranaki, we are doing the following:
- All South Taranaki District Council facilities will remain open, however, we are encouraging members of the public to conduct Council business via phone (0800 111 323), on our website (www.southtaranaki.com) or by email (email@example.com), where possible.
- From Monday 23 March we will be cancelling all Council run programmes at TSB Hub, Hawera Aquatic Centre and LibraryPlus Centres (e.g. swimming programmes, school holiday programmes, library programmes, TSB Hub indoor sports programmes etc)
- We will review all existing bookings at our facilities to identify those events (of 100 plus people) which need to be cancelled and will contact the customers to inform them of the cancellations
- Smaller gatherings - under 100 people - are being constantly reviewed and we’ve decided not to take any new community bookings for our facilities until further notice
- To minimise the spread of this new virus our health advice remains the same: cover coughs and sneezes, wash and dry your hands thoroughly especially after coughing or sneezing, and stay away if you are sick or feel unwell
- Our team is reviewing the latest MoH and Government advice on a daily basis including the need for greater facility management and social distancing measures should the situation change
- We’re very sorry for the inconvenience but we know our residents will understand this is an unprecedented situation and safety comes first
The Council is following the advice and guidelines of the MoH for all matters related to COVID-19.
Basic Hygiene Measures
- hand hygiene – wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or cleanse with hand sanitiser
- stay at home if you are sick or feel unwell
- cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and then perform hand hygiene as described above
- clean surfaces regularly
- physical distancing – eliminate physical contact such as handshakes and try to stay at least 1 metre away from other people where possible
Check the Ministry of Health website for the latest information on the current situation in New Zealand: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-c...
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Healthline team (free) on 0800 358 5453
For other non-health related support call 0800 779 997.