Long Term Plan 2021 - 31
Our 2021 - 2031 Long Term Plan is now out for consultation.
Read more below - download our Consultation Document, Feedback Form or read our Proposed Long Term Plan in full.
Don't forget to have your say before 5pm on 7 May. Click here to fill out the feedback form online!
Click here to see our Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document. The Consultation Document covers the key issues and proposals in our 2021-2031 Long Term Plan, including the main projects and services we intend to carry out and the impact on your rates over the next ten years. It’s important because it provides an opportunity for you to have your say on the services we provide and the rates we pay.
You will also get a copy in the April 8 edition of the Taranaki Star. We will also have copies available from the Hāwera Administration Building and LibraryPlus centres.
Proposed 2021-2031 Long Term Plan Working Document
Our 2021-2031 Long Term Plan Working Document contains all the information used to support the Consultation Document. This document will be completed once the public consultation has ended.
Click here to read the Working Document in full, or see below to download each section.
|Section 1 - Strategic Direction|
|Section 2 - Our Activities||Guide to the layout and content of ‘Our
Democracy and Leadership
Roading and Footpaths (includes Road Safety)
Arts and Culture
|Section 3 - Decision Making Process||Significance and Engagement Policy |
Building Māori Capacity to Contribute to Council Decision-Making Policy
Assumptions and Data
|Section 4 - Our Costs|
Revenue and Financing Policy
Additional Supporting Information
- Proposed Fees and Charges Schedule (changes to the fees and charges for the coming year)
- Environment and Sustainability Strategy
- Town Centre Master Plans
- South Taranaki Business Park Feasibility Study
- Rates Discount Policy
- Rates Postponement Policy
- Rates Remission Policy
- Remission and Postponement of Rates on Māori Freehold Land Policy
- Investment Policy
- Liability Management Policy
How to Have Your Say
Formal feedback is now open and closes 7th May 2021 at 5pm.
Come along to one of our public meetings or casual coffee meetings
|Pātea||Tuesday 6 April, 5.30pm||Hunter Shaw Building|
|Ōpunakē||Monday 12 April, 7pm||Sandfords Event Centre|
|Hāwera||Tuesday 13 April, 5.30pm||TSB Hub Western Lounge|
|Eltham||Wednesday 14 April, 6pm||Taumata Recreation Centre|
|Waitōtara||Monday 19 April, 5.30pm||Waitōtara Hall|
|Manaia||Thursday 22 April, 5.30pm||Manaia Golf Club|
|Kaponga||Tuesday 27 April, 5.30pm||Kaponga Town Hall|
|Coastal Taranaki||Thursday 29 April, 10am||Cape Egmont Boat Club|
|Casual Coffee Meetings|
|Hāwera||Friday 9 April, 10am|
|Manaia||Tuesday 13 April, 1pm||Manaia LibraryPlus|
|Eltham||Wednesday 21 April, 10.30am||Eltham LibraryPlus|
|Kaponga||Friday 30 April, 3pm||Kaponga LibraryPlus|
|Waverley||Wednesday 5 May, 10.30am||Waverley LibraryPlus|
|Ōpunakē||Thursday 6 May, 10am||Ōpunakē LibraryPlus|
Other ways to 'Have your Say'.
- Have your say online - click here to share your views on our key proposals through an online feedback form.
- Present your views - register for a more formal opportunity to present your views infront of Councillors in the Council chambers. Just tick the box on your Feedback Form and we'll get back to you with a date and time.
- Feedback boxes - you can pop your Feedback Form into one of our feedback boxes we have set up across the District for your convenience at your local LibraryPlus centres, I-SITE, TSB Hub, Aquatic Centre and the Rāhotu Store.
- Tell us what you think - you can call us on (06) 278 0555 or tollfree on 0800 111 323 and we can fill out a submission for you over the telephone.
- Post it to us - you can post your feedback form to us at Private Bag 902, Hāwera 4640.