As part of its Rates Remission Policy the Council may allow full or partial reduction in the payment of rates if certain circumstances or criteria are met.
Rates remissions will be provided for the following categories of rating units or under the following circumstances:
- Remission of rates for community halls
- Remission of rates for sporting, games, branches of the arts, community care and volunteer organisations
- Remission of rates on land protected for natural, historical or cultural conservation purposes
- Remission of penalties
- Remission of Uniform Annual General Charges on non-contiguous units owned by the same owner
- Earthquake Prone Buildings
- Water Rates
- Total rates are under $10.00
To find out more about eligibility for Rates Remissions or how to apply contact us on (06) 278 0555 or toll free 0800 111 323 or click on the link below.