Hāwera Reading Vine
Te Aka Pānui
Welcome to the Reading Vine
The Reading Vine was developed by South Taranaki LibraryPlus to introduce readers aged 8 - 13 to a range of quality literature from our collection.
Books of the Reading Vine lists (below) are in a variety of genres and written by well-renown authors.
What to do
- Download the Reading Vine Booklet here.
- Read 50 books or eBooks and make your way around the Reading Vine (in the Library) with a bug
- You need to read five books from each of the 10 genre lists to complete the vine
- If you check out an eBook, you can read this on your own device
- Keep a record of what you've read in the middle of the booklet, then come to the library to get signed off
- You have until you finish Year 8 to complete the Reading Vine
- Any books in the booklet may be read, however, Teen books are recommended for a reading age of 12+
- Everything is on the LibraryPlus Catalogue. You can use this to find your books.
To borrow an eBook, download the Borrowbox and Libby Apps (available on Apple Store, Google Play and Microsoft Store).
Any questions? Contact us
If you have any questions, come and see us at the Hawera LibraryPlus, call us on (06) 278 0555 or send us an email.