Rugby World Cup 2023 Extended Trading Hours
The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 has been temporarily amended for the Rugby World Cup 2023 to allow eligible on-licence and club licence holders to extend their trading hours to televise live Rugby World Cup 2023 games, without applying for a special licence.
The process for extended trading hours is very similar to that from the 2015 and 2019 amendments: licensees need to notify their territorial authority (South Taranaki District Council) and the local Police station seven days prior to the game/games they wish to extend their trading hours for.
This year, they will also need to notify the same parties to cancel their original notification if they change their minds about extending their trading hours for a game/games. Additionally, the Police has a record-keeping requirement for the amendments.
Online Notification: To submit your notification to extend trading hours for your premises through Business Connect you will need to have a RealMe login (see below). A RealMe verified identity isn’t required.
- Click Business Connecthttps://services.businessconnect.govt.nz/
- Log in using your RealMe login.
- If you don’t have a RealMe login or if it’s your first-time logging onto Business Connect, you will need to verify your email address.
- From the Business Connect dashboard, click the Hospitality tab.
- Click on the Rugby World Cup extended trading hours tile to begin the form.