Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
Pūrongo whakamāramatanga a-whenua
Whenever you purchase a property we recommend that you get a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Report first.
A completed LIM report will include information found in Council's records on that parcel of property relating to the following matters:
- Known hazards such as flooding or known fill
- Information on stormwater and sewer services to or within the property
- Information on the availability of water services
- A summary of the rates account
- Government valuation
- Building/Resource Consents and related information
- Other Consents, Licences and Certificates
- Requisitions, orders and notices
- Swimming pool fencing compliance
- District Plan information including zoning and designations
- Information relating to known historic sites or buildings
- Such other information that Council considers may be helpful
How much does it cost to get a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)?
All fees stated are a minimum fee. When the cost of receiving and processing a LIM exceeds the stated fee (minimum charge) the Council may recover all additional costs on a time and cost basis. Time in excess of that covered by minimum fees will be charged in 30 minute increments to the nearest half hour.
|Residential/Rural (minimum charge plus any additional actual and reasonable costs)||$235.00|
|Commercial/Industrial (minimum charge plus any additional actual and reasonable costs)||$295.00|
Apply for a Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
Download the Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Application form or apply online below.
In accordance with the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act LIM applications received on or before Tuesday 10 December 2019 will be issued on or before Tuesday 24 December 2019, allowing 10 working days to process. While applications will be received whenever the Council is open it is possible that LIM applications received after Tuesday 10 December 2019 may not be issued before Christmas. LIM processing stops on Tuesday 24 December and resumes on Monday 13 January 2020. The Council will close at 3pm Tuesday 24 December 2019 and reopen on Friday 27 December 2019.