Rubbish and Recycling App
Pukatonotono para me te hangarua
We have developed the “Rubbish & Recycling” mobile app, to help our communities manage their rubbish and recycling collections.
The app is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about getting the most out of your council provided kerb-side rubbish and recycling service, but it also useful for non-urban residents to understand what can and can’t be recycled.
The app is available free on any app store (both Android or iPhone) and can be found just by searching ‘STDC rubbish and recycling’.
The App functions include:
- calendar reminders of when to put your rubbish out
- A-Z search of recyclable items
- Frequently asked questions for those niggly things i.e. missed collections, contamination issues and transfer station times
- Advice on how to re-use your preloved items to avoid sending them to landfill
- Notifications from Council if any changes are made to the service