Contractor and Tender Information
The Council is committed to smart procurement that delivers better public services and provides Value for Money to the ratepayers of South Taranaki District.
- The Council will seek to promote the South Taranaki economy by providing full and fair opportunity to compete for Council business. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring local suppliers are included within invitations to tender and quote wherever practicable
- Publically advertising tender opportunities when appropriate
- Considering potential commercial and practical advantages in purchasing locally produced goods and services
- Considering local economic implications when planning major procurement activities and packaging work for contracts
Please note: Only ‘Pre-Qualified Contractors’ will be invited to quote/tender for Council work. Selected Council tenders will be advertised through Tenderlink. Once a business has been registered as a pre-qualified contractor it will automatically be added to the Tenderlink mailing list.
Becoming a Pre-Qualified Contractor
The Council recognises its responsibility to effectively manage the health and safety of contractors and sub-contractors engaged to conduct any works on any of its sites. All contractors are required to go through a pre-qualification process to evaluate their health and safety management system before they can tender for work. Exceptions to this process are:
- When the contractor provides either goods, or services that are carried out completely off site and have no effect on Council facility safety. In this case the contractor is registered via the normal approved vendor process.
- Subcontractors of a prequalified contractor.
Complete the applicable form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org