Water Tower Quiz
Test your Hāwera Water Tower knowledge with the quiz below - or perhaps take the time to learn some new facts and stats about our historical landmark.
The thickness of the tower walls vary between 300mm to 180mm at the higher levels.
The Tower leans by 3 inches (just over 7.5cm)
The Tower stands 54.21m (168 feet) tall.
- is 45.72m (483 feet) above ground
- is 146.92m (483 feet) above sea level
- Lower gallery is 37.48m (123 feet)
- 4th level is 49.27m (161 feet)
- 3rd level is 20.2m (66 feet)
- 2nd level is 11.26m (37 feet)
- 1st level is 2.43m (8 feet)
681,913 litres or 150,000 gallons
It weighs 1,548 tonnes when empty and 2,264 tonnes when filled.
It cost ₤4,510 which included ₤520 unauthorised expenditure which was for the cost of 'deleaning' the Tower.