Wifi, Computers and Printing
Ngā rorohiko me te tā pepa
The South Taranaki Library has Chromebooks and PCs available for public use with FREE internet and Wifi at all branches. The Library is part of Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa (APNK) who provide free internet and Wifi to libraries in new Zealand. Chromebook are hybrid tablet/laptop you can use anywhere within the Library (they will not function outside of the Library). Computers are available in 30-minute time slots. If you wish to print, please retain your login slip which is given to you by a LibraryPlus staff member.
- Google Docs
- Google Chrome
- Other web-based word processing services are available
Feel free to bring a USB so you can save, scan and print documents.
We offer free WiFi access through APNK, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To access the WiFi, you will need to the "APNK" network on your device and connect. Once connected you will need to agree to the APNK terms and conditions. Please ask staff for the password or look for one of the posters in your library.
Printing from the Library Chromebooks
- Click on File > Print (or CTRL + P).
- Select Printer (Monitor cloud queue).
- Please note that only Hawera LibraryPlus has access to colour printing. All other LibraryPlus have black & white printers only. If you require colour please transfer your document to a USB stick and talk to a LibraryPlus staff member.
- Check the settings and change as required.
- Click Print.
- Take your login slip to the desk
- See a staff member at the desk to pay and collect your printing.
- Advise staff if you require single or double-sided printing.
Printing from your own device
You can now print directly from your own device by emailing your document to:
Within a few moments you will receive an email from Monitor containing a job ID which you will need to give to a LibraryPlus staff member in order for your print job to be activated.
Please let the staff member know if you require any changes (such a changing from double sided to single sided printing, number of copies or selected pages) before printing or wish them to preview the document will print correctly.
Photocopying and scanning
Please see staff at the desk to photocopy or scan items on the photocopier. Charges apply.