Wifi, Computers and Printing
Ngā rorohiko me te tā pepa
The South Taranaki Library has Chromebooks and PCs available for public use with FREE internet and Wifi at all branches. The Library is part of Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa (APNK) who provide free internet and Wifi to libraries in new Zealand. Chromebook are hybrid tablet/laptop you can use anywhere within the Library (they will not function outside of the Library). Computers are available in 30-minute time slots.
- Google Docs
- Google Chrome
- Other web-based word processing services are available
Feel free to bring a USB so you can save, scan and print documents.
We offer free WiFi access through APNK, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To access the WiFi, you will need to the "APNK" network on your device and connect. Once connected you will need to agree to the APNK terms and conditions.
Printing from the Library Chromebooks
- Click on File > Print (or CTRL + P).
- Select Printer (Black and White or Colour).
- Check the settings and change as required.
- Click Print.
- See a staff member at the desk to pay and collect your printing.
- Advise staff if you require single or double-sided printing.
Photocopying and scanning
Please see staff at the desk to photocopy or scan items on the photocopier. Charges apply.