Pātea Dam Campground
Naumai ki te Pāpuni o Pātea
Welcome to Pātea Dam
Maben Road (from Ball Road), Pātea.
Once you get to the Dam, keep going to the end of the road and the campground is on your right.
The journey starts at the end of Ball Road – just north of Pātea. The road is unsealed and not for the faint hearted, but you will be rewarded by the atmosphere of this special place. Don’t miss out on the excellent bushwalks, hot showers, boat ramp to make enjoying those water activities on New Zealand’s longest manmade lake even easier! Get back to nature with only unpowered sites available. Bookings are not necessary.
- An easy walk to the water and about 40km away from Pātea township
- We encourage you to take your rubbish away with you
- Maximum stay of 4 weeks
- Dogs allowed on leads and must be under control at all times
- Toilets, showers and wood-fire BBQ facilities available
This area is actively overseen by a custodian during the summer. This campground is administered by South Taranaki District Council. All enquiries, please call 0800 111 323.
$12.00 per site, per night
You may need to provide proof of a receipt to the campground custodian. Please screenshot your online payment as proof.
- Online - South Taranaki District Council, 03-0647-0220100-00, Particulars - Pātea Dam, Code - your vehicle licence plate number, Reference - your surname
- Pātea Dam Custodian (when onsite - eftpos available)