Community Board - Te Hāwera
Poari Hāpori – Te Hāwera
The Hāwera Community Board meetings usually take place on a Monday at 11am and are open to members of the public. Agendas are made available two working days before the meeting. Please check the Meetings Calendar for confirmed meeting details.
Please note; dates and times of scheduled meetings are subject to change and will be notified on the Meeting Calendar (link above) and also in the weekly Southlink page in our District's free community newspaper, the Taranaki Star.
Agenda and minutes from the Council's Policy and Strategy Committee meetings can be found in the Meetings Calendar (link above).
For more information, please contact the Governance Team or call 0800 111 323.
|Chairperson||Nikki Watson - email|
|Deputy Chairperson||Heather Brokenshire - email|
|Membership||Andrew Blanche - email|
Raymond Buckland - email
|Appointed Councillor||Cr Diana Reid|
Community Boards are set up under Section 49 of the Local Government Act 2002 (LGA 2002) and their role is detailed under section 52 of the LGA 2002 to:
- Represent and act as advocates for the interests of their community;
- Consider and report on all matters referred to it by the Council or any matter of interest or concern to the Community Board;
- Make an annual submission to the Council on expenditure within the community;
- Maintain an overview of services provided by the Council within the community;
- Act as a channel of communication on between the community and Council;
- Undertake any other responsibilities delegated by the Council.
The community boards are delegated the power to grant funds from a Discretionary Fund within the purpose of the Local Government Act 2002. The Discretionary Fund is allocated by the Council based on the population of the community board area.
Other than the Discretionary Fund, the community boards make recommendations to the Council for it to consider and make decisions on.