What can be taken to the Transfer Stations?
E āhei ana te hari i te aha ki te Teihana whakaneke para
There are some types of waste that we are unable to accept at the Transfer Station. These could short or long term risks of environmental contamination at the site, or degradation to the stability of previous landfilled areas.
We do not accept:
- Special Wastes;
- Hazardous Wastes (commercial amounts);
- Chemical and pathological Wastes;
- Hot ashes;
- Liquid wastes and sludges, including offal;
- Derelict or end of life vehicles;
- Large branches and tree trunks;
- Pressure tanks;
- Drummed Wastes;
- Structures or large containers etc. which cannot be handled by normal site equipment;
- Commercial or industrial Wastes of any unusual nature of quantity that the
- Anything that Transfer Station staff consider may be hazardous of otherwise prohibited shall not be accepted