Owning More than Two Dogs
Kia rua ake ngā kurī tāu
The maximum number of dogs allowed at an urban property is two, however you can apply to be able to have a third. There are some conditions:
- The permit holder must abide with the Dog Control Act 1996, the current South Taranaki District Council Dog Control Bylaw and the current South Taranaki District Council Dog Control Policy at all times.
- Suitable housing for the dogs must be maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Kennelling must be no closer than 3 metres from any boundary fence.
- Any complaints Council receives from neighbours regarding barking, roaming or the welfare of your dogs, will be investigated and could result in the permit being revoked.
- No more than the permitted number of dogs may be kept on the property.
- The Council reserves the right to revoke the permit, in writing, at any time.
- The permit does not expire (unless revoked) and is issued to you, the applicant.
- The permit is not transferrable to another address or to another owner (this requires a new permit).
Fees and charges (2022/23)
|More than 2 Dogs Permit (application fee per property)||$80.00|